Canada Express Entry Program

Canada Express Entry Program

What is Express Entry Program

The Express Entry program is an immigration system used by the Canadian government to manage applications for permanent residency from skilled workers who want to live and work in Canada.

The Express Entry program is a points-based system that evaluates candidates based on various factors such as age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other criteria.

To apply for the Express Entry program, a candidate must create an online profile that details their qualifications and work experience. Based on this information, the candidate will be assigned a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, which is used to rank candidates against one another.

The Express Entry system is used to manage applications for three federal economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class. Provinces and territories in Canada may also use the Express Entry system to select candidates for their Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).

Check the Eligibility for Express Entry

Are you willing to apply under the Express Entry System and unclear, read the basic information?

In 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), announced Express Entry a method to regulate applications for permanent residence under three federal economic immigration programs that include Federal Skilled Workers Program, Federal Skilled Traders Program, and Canada Experience Class.

Criteria for eligibility may depend on various factors of the program you apply to, although the applicant must be legally acceptable to Canada and be going to live in a territory or province other than Quebec. The applicant has to score points on basis of age, language skills, certifications, education, and Canadian or non-Canadian work experience. You have to attain the least score or as per cut-off on the Comprehension Ranking System.

The three immigration programs are listed down with the major requirements:

Federal Skilled Workers Program

According to CIC, if you’re qualify to become a permanent resident via the Federal Skilled Workers Program, the applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be eligible such as work experience, language ability, and education.

Language Ability- Take an approved language test in English or French has to score Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities that include reading, writing, listening and speaking. Your test result must be valid for 2 years only.

Education – Must have certificate, diploma or degree from secondary (high school) or post-secondary institutions either from Canadian School or has completed foreign credential which needs to be approved from CIC agency that confirms the complete education is comparable to a Canadian credential.

Work Experience – As 2011 National Occupational Classification your job should be of type 0, A or B and needs to be of one full year or equal part-time within last 10 year as well as to be paid work only in considering.

Federal Skilled Traders Program

As per instructions of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, skilled workers for the Federal Skilled Trades Program should be having minimum experience and language ability requirements.

Work experience – The applicant should be from eligible skilled trade background as specified by the National Occupation Classification (NOC) which consist of major group 72,72,82 or 92 and minor group 632 or 633. In addition to this, must have at least two year full time work experience or equal hours in part time work within last five years.

Language Ability – Must has an approved language test in English or French has to score Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in all 4 abilities that include reading, writing, listening and speaking. Your test result must be valid for 2 years only.

Education – There is no need of education requirement in FSTP, if has can help in increasing your rank score in Express Entry.

Canada Experience Class 

Getting qualified for the CEC, the candidate should have the minimum work experience and language ability requirements.

Work Experience – The applicant should have the one year full time work experience while under the temporary resident status in Canada, within three years. The job role according to the NOC can be in; managerial jobs (skill level 0), professional jobs (skill type A) and technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B). Moreover, candidate has to show that he/she performed the duties in the lead statement as described by the NOC.

Language Ability – Must provide CIC approved English or French Language Test with a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for skill level O or A job and 5 for skill level B job.

How to Get Points for Express Entry

Candidates have to score 67 points or more points on a 100 point scale system. Scoring 67 points can qualify for your Federal Skilled Worker Program and scoring lower than 67 points will not qualify for any program.

Profiles are evaluated on the different selection factors, whoever applies through Express Entry on an overall score out of 100.

Selection Factor Maximum Points
Age 12 Points will be based on your age on the day you submit the Express Entry application
Language Skills 28 You should be able to speak in one of Canadian’s official language English or French or both which will help you get a job
Education 25 Must have certificate, diploma, or degree from Canadian or Non-Canadian School (need to be approved by CIC)
Work Experience 15 According to NOC, should have worked in skill type 0, skill level A or B with one-year full-time work experience (30 hours per week) or comparable part-time (15 hours per week for 24 months)
Arranged Employment in Canada 10 If you already have a job offer before applying or have a job offer for 1 year from Canadian Company
Adaptability 10 You and your spouse can get a maximum of 10 points, if immigrating together and earn points of how well you both are liking to settle in Canada

How to Apply for Canada Express Entry Program

To apply for the Canada Express Entry program, you will need to follow these steps:

  1. Check your eligibility: Before applying, you must make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for at least one of the three federal economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). You can find the eligibility requirements on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.
  2. Create an Express Entry profile: Once you have determined your eligibility, you can create an Express Entry profile online. You will need to provide information about your skills, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other details.
  3. Get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA): If you are applying through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you will need to get an ECA to prove that your foreign educational credentials are equivalent to a Canadian education.
  4. Improve your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score: Your CRS score determines your ranking in the Express Entry pool. To improve your score, you can take language tests, gain more work experience, and obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer.
  5. Submit your profile: Once you have completed your profile, you can submit it to the Express Entry pool. You will then receive a CRS score and be ranked against other candidates in the pool.
  6. Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA): If you are one of the highest-ranking candidates in the pool, you may receive an ITA to apply for permanent residency. You will have 60 days to submit a complete application.
  7. Apply for permanent residency: If you receive an ITA, you can apply for permanent residency through the IRCC online portal. You will need to provide documentation such as police certificates, medical exams, and proof of funds, among others.

The Canada Express Entry program is a complex process, and it’s important to understand the requirements and steps involved before applying. You may want to consider consulting with an immigration lawyer or consultant to help you navigate the process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *